The Town Planning Unit is responsible for current and future land use planning issues. Services include:
- Consideration of planning applications, including issuing or refusing planning permits
- Consideration of subdivisions, including certification of plans of subdivisions and issuing statements of compliance
- Enforcement of the Planning Scheme provisions or planning permit conditions
- Planning advice
- Land Use Policy Development
- Changes to the Planning Scheme
The Planning team has experienced, professional staff with specialist knowledge in planning issues, and with close links to all Council services. We are reliable and available, offering a quality service that will ensure planning applications are dealt with in a equitable and efficient manner, planning regulations are maintained and the vision for the future development of the city is developed and achieved.
Council believes that effective communication and consultation are essential to achieve the best possible results.
Policies and Plans