Skip to Content

Building over an Easement

To build over an easement, consent must be obtained from council.  It must be clearly stated what the easement will be used for. Tp apply for consent please complete a consent and report form (PDF - 126KB). There is a fee of $256.90 which must be paid when making the application.

If the request is to build over a sewerage easement, South East Water needs to provide the consent.

Council may also require a 173 Agreement to be placed on Title to advise future owners of the conditions of building over an easement. Cost of this agreement is $700.