Extension of Time for a Planning Permit
Most planning permits specify the dates within which a development or a particular use must commence or be completed.
An application to extend the expiry date of a planning permit must be made within the timeframes specified in Section 69 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987;
- before or within 6 months after the permit expiry date, where the use or development allowed by the permit has not yet started;
- within 12 months after the permit expiry date, where the development allowed by the permit has lawfully started before the permit expires.
If a request is made outside of the relevant timeframe, neither Council or any authority is able to grant an extension of time, therefore the permit expires.
An application must include:
An application can be submitted:
- Email to email@example.com
- Post to Statutory Planning Department, City of Greater Dandenong, PO Box 200, Dandenong VIC 3175
- In person to the Planning service counter at the Greater Dandenong Civic Centre, Level 3, 225 Lonsdale Street, Dandenong