Mayor, Cr Roz Blades AM (Paperbark Ward)
Term as a Councillor: 1997 - present
Mayor in: 1998, 2011, 2019
Mobile: 0417 053 612
Phone: 9701 5821
Fax: 9701 5821
My husband Terry and I migrated to Australia in 1969, settling in Noble Park in 1971. We wanted to put back into a community that gave us so much. Our three sons were raised and educated locally. I had a dual role as a councillor/Mayor as well as working in the public/private health sector for over 25 years.
I have been active in this community for over three decades. Sport involves many families and as a council we are delighted to give back by upgrading and refurbishing facilities. I am heavily involved in all of the community groups in Paperbark Ward, including senior citizens and service organisations.
I am justifiably proud of the community consultation occurring at the Noble Park Community Action Forum where people have a voice. We have been having questions and answer sessions in relation to the state government’s sky rail project, closed circuit television, community safety and a whole host of issues. I am very involved in our local schools, having been involved with the Principle for a Day Programme for many years.
I am particularly interested in the health and welfare of our residents and with this in mind am proud to be a life member of the Springvale Benevolent Society where we voluntarily provide food, food vouchers as well as referrals to other agencies. I am also very involved in the provision of better public transport and am council’s representative at the Eastern Transport Co-alition where we represent over a million residents in the South East.
The Ross Reserve Master Plan is progressing and is now home to the state of the art Noble Park Aquatic Centre (NPAC) and 5th best Skate Par in the world.
I am proudly a Paul Harris fellow of the Rotary Club of Noble Park, Life Member of Springvale Community Links and was awarded a Queens Birthday Honours as a Member of the Order of Australia.
Committees, organisations and industry bodies Roz represents as a Councillor:
- Asylum Seeker and Refugee Communities Advisory Committee
- Audit Advisory Committee
- Australian Local Government Women's Association (ALGWA)
- CEO Performance Review Committee
- Children & Family Partnership
- Community Safety Advisory Committee
- Cultural Heritage Advisory Committee
- Disability Advisory Committee
- Eastern Transport Coalition
- Family Violence Advisory Committee
- Faith Leader – Greater Dandenong Interfaith Network
- Leisure Contract Advisory Group
- Multicultural Advisory Committee
- Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV) Multicultural Committee
- Noble Park Community Action Forum Inc.
- Positive Ageing Advisory Committee
- Southern Metropolitan Partnership
- Springvale Benevolent Society
- Springvale and District Historical Society
- Springvale Major Projects Advisory Group
- Young Leaders Ambassador
More information about the above committees, community organisations and peak industry bodies.