Cr Heang Tak (Paperbark Ward)
Term as a councillor: 2012 - present
Mayor in: 2016
Mobile: 0403 072 291
Phone/Fax: 9548 2340
I have lived in Greater Dandenong for almost 20 years and I am a local lawyer and SBS radio broadcaster.
Over the years, as an active community member and Councillor, I have had the opportunity to listen to and connect with people from all walks of life who call our city home, to listen to their needs and to support them through their challenges
I am committed to working hard to ensure that Council delivers real results and aim to stand up for what I believe in and always act with integrity. I will listen, engage and consult, be open and transparent and work hard for all the community. The opportunity to represent Greater Dandenong as Mayor is a great privilege that comes with immense responsibility.
In my time as Paperbark Ward Councillor, I am particularly proud of my efforts as a strong advocate for new and improved open spaces in Greater Dandenong. My priorities as a councillor include low rates; aged care for migrant seniors; improving child care, library services and community safety; and protecting open spaces.
Committees, organisations and industry bodies Heang represents as a Councillor:
- Alliance for Gambling Reform
- Children and Family Partnership
- Community Safety Advisory Committee
- Family Violence Advisory Committee
- Local Governments' Metropolitan Waste Management Forum (Alternate Representative)
- Noble Park Community Action Forum Inc
- Multicultural Advisory Committee
- South East Community Links
- Springvale Major Projects Advisory Group
- Victorian Local Government Association (VLGA) (Alternate Representative)
- Young Leaders Ambassador
More information about the above committees, community organisations and peak industry bodies (PDF - 49.9KB)