Civil Works Permits
A civil works permit is required if a builder needs to carry out excavation works on a footpath, nature strip or roadway, including any connection to Council's stormwater assets installed in a drainage easement. This permit must be obtained before work commences.
For industrial, commercial or multi-dwelling developments a town planning permit is required.
All residential civil works permit applications must first be assessed before a permit can be issued.
Application for Civil Works Permit (PDF - 160KB)
- A non-refundable permit fee of $157 (GST free) is applicable.
- Council has the option to request a deposit.
- The permit is valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
- Minimum $20 million public liability insurance is required. This may be obtained from any insurance company and is required when work is being carried out on or through a road reserve. Policy number and expiry date must be noted on the application form.
- A compulsory onsite inspection is required when the vehicle crossing is suitably prepared for construction and all excavation works are complete.
- 24 hours notice is required to arrange an inspection with Council.