The 2019 City of Greater Dandenong Sports Awards are now open.
Council are seeking nominations from the community for its annual Sports Awards celebration.
The awards recognise the outstanding contribution people make throughout our sport and recreation community to ensure we all have the opportunity to participate in a happy, healthy and inclusive environment.
The 2019 award categories include
Athlete of the Year
Junior Athlete of the Year
Club Volunteer of the Year
Coach of the Year
Team of the Year
Community Program of the Year
Nominations close at 5pm on Friday 30 August 2019
For more information, please contact Erica O'Brien, Sport and Recreation Officer on 8571 1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the Categories and review the Award Guidelines
2018 Sports Award winners
- Winner Male Athlete of the Year: Brandon Barnes – Dandenong Thunder Soccer
- Winner Female Athlete of the Year: Jessica McCulloch - Dandenong Casey Titans
- Winner Junior Athlete of the Year: Jennifer Audy - St Anthony's Primary School, Noble Park
- Winner Masters Award: Marcela Necas - Carrum Rowing Club
- Winner Volunteer of the Year: Peter Keyaerts - Lyndale Cricket Club
- Winner Team of the Year: U12 Team - Noble Park Junior Football Club
- Winner Club of the Year: Silverton Cricket Club
- Winner Coach of the Year: Michael Carlsson - Noble Park Football Club
- Winner Positive Engagement Award: Michael Palma - Parkmore Junior Football Club
- Winner Sports Achievement Award: Balloon Football-Southern League - Scope
- Winner Outstanding Contribution of Sport: Jack Ferro - Keysborough Soccer Club
Read about the 2018 winners
Click here to see past Sports Awards winners