Skip to Content

Transfer a Food, Health or Accommodation Business Registration

If you are considering selling or buying a business which is registered with the City of Greater Dandenong, you need to transfer the registration.

If you are buying a business, it is recommended that you organise a Council inspection and premises report prior to purchase. This will help inform you of any outstanding notices on the premises and any works that are required to be completed so that the premises is compliant.

The inspection conducted will only assess the requirements under the Food Act 1984 and/or Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2009 only. If you need information about compliance with Council’s Building and/or Planning Department requirements, you will need to contact these departments separately.

Arranging a pre-purchase inspection

To make a request for an inspection, please complete Application for Registration of a Fixed Food Premises inspection form and return it to Council with the appropriate fee.

If you have a solicitor acting on your behalf, ensure that the application for premises inspection form is submitted with a cover letter from your solicitor on their letterhead.


2018-19 Inspection Fee

Request for Inspection (pre-purchase) - 5 working days

$300 (including GST)


Transferring a registration

All business operating under the Food Act 1984 or Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 must have a registration in the name of the current proprietor. 

To apply for an Application to Transfer the registration, please Contact Council. (and insert button to Request a transfer smart form) and the appropriate form will be sent to you by post or email.

The application will need to be completed and signed by both the vendor and purchaser and returned to Council with the appropriate fee prior to settlement.


2018-19 Fees

Food Act (GST exempt)  

Transfer Class 1 or Class 2


Transfer Class 2a  


 Transfer Class 3 


 Transfer Class 3a $465.00


Charity/ Not For Profit (listed on the ACNC register)

Nil fee

Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (GST exempt)

Transfer Beauty Salons or Ear Piercing 


Transfer Tattooists or Skin Penetration 


 Transfer Prescribed Accommodation (excluding rooming houses) 


 Transfer Rooming House


Charity/ Not For Profit (listed on the ACNC register)

Nil fee