Skip to Content

Temporary and Mobile Food Operators

Temporary food stalls are sites where food is sold, prepared or handled that are not permanently fixed. These include stalls and tents at fetes, farmers markets, craft markets, shows, festivals or other short term events.

Mobile food premises are vehicles such as vans, trailers or carts from which food is sold.

Registering a temporary or mobile food business

All temporary and mobile food-based activities and events must be registered on the State government website - Streatrader. The customer no longer needs to fill out paperwork for multiple councils where they operate.

Operators of temporary and mobile food premises - including community groups - need to go to this website and complete the application online. The fees and charges are outlined on the Streatrader website.

Once your submission has been received by Streatrader, the City of Greater Dandenong's Environmental Health department will be automatically advised and will assess and approve your temporary food trading application.