Planning Scheme Amendment C190
Greater Dandenong prepared Amendment C190 to the Greater Dandenong Planning Scheme.
Greater Dandenong City Council is the planning authority exhibiting the Amendment. The amendment request has been made by Jacobs Group, on behalf of the Department of Education and Training (DET).
Amendment C190 applies to the former Coomoora Secondary College site at 15 – 29 Coomoora Road, Springvale South and the former Coomoora Primary School site at 55 – 67 Coomoora Road, Springvale South. The land is currently owned by the DET and has been declared surplus to Departmental requirements for the following reasons:
- The Coomoora Secondary College in Coomoora Road closed on 31 December 2008 following the merger of the Banksia, Acacia, Coomoora and Springvale campuses.
- The primary school has relocated to the adjacent site at 31-53 Comoora Road, Springvale South, therefore, the land at 55-67 Coomoora Road, Springvale South is no longer required by the DET.
What changes are proposed?
The amendment proposes to make the following changes to the Greater Dandenong Planning Scheme:
- Rezone 15-29 and 55-67 Coomoora Road, Springvale South from Public Use Zone 2 – Education (PUZ2) to the Neighbourhood Residential Zone 1 (NRZ1) in order to facilitate the future use and development of the land for residential.
- Insert a new Schedule 13 to the Clause 43.04 Development Plan Overlay (DPO13) to guide the future development and subdivision of the land; and
- Amend Clause 21.08 – Reference Documents to include the new Reference Document titled Ecology and Arboriculture Assessment and Tree Retention Plan (Jacobs, 2015) to enable the retention of identified vegetation on site.
The amendment was approved and gazetted on 14 July 2016.
For enquiries relating to this amendment, please contact Council's Strategic Planning department on 8571 1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org