Tatterson Park Community Sports Complex
The Tatterson Park Master Plan establishes the long term vision and direction of the park. One aspect of the master plan is the Tatterson Park Community Sports Complex which was adopted by Council and begun construction in July 2016.
- Activation of Greater Dandenong’s premier multi-purpose sporting hub; Tatterson Park through the development of a multi-use pavilion and synthetic playing field to service and complement existing facilities and cater for the growing community.
- Tatterson Park is a 52ha open space reserve in the growth area of Keysborough South that is being developed as a regional multi-purpose community and sport hub.
- Once complete, this regionally significant site will have the capacity to cater for grass roots participation through to elite level competition, in addition to providing a range of community education programs and support services.
- The state of the art multipurpose complex will incorporate community meeting and function rooms, multi-purpose spaces, commercial kitchen, eight unisex change rooms, umpire and official amenities, kiosks and a 500-seat spectator viewing area.
- A synthetic playing field with floodlighting, developed in accordance with FIFA guidelines to accommodate participation for various sports and levels of competition.
- This critical infrastructure will service and complement existing facilities at Tatterson Park including three ovals/six rectangular multi-purpose sports grounds and Springers Leisure Centre.
- Increasing demands associated with population growth, increasing participation levels and an escalating need for community services necessitate the provision of additional infrastructure to enable Tatterson Park to be used to its full potential.
View floor plan layout
Project time timelines / approximate final delivery date
- Commencement: July 2016
- Completion: February 2018 (approximate)
- Construction of pavilion: July 2016 – August 2017 (approximate)
- Construction of synthetic pitch: September 2017 – February 2018 (approximate)
- Procurement process for construction of pavilion
Funding amounts and sources (internal and external):
- Federal Government (National Stronger Regions Fund): $4,865,150
- State Government (Community Sports Infrastructure Fund): $650,000
- City of Greater Dandenong: $ 6,150,850
For further information download the Tatterson Park Master Plan - Site Plan.
Naming of the Pavilion at Tatterson Park
Greater Dandenong City Council is seeking community feedback on a proposed name for the new Pavilion at Tatterson Park in Keysborough.
Council proposes the Pavilion be named the “Ian Tatterson Pavilion” in recognition of Ian Tatterson’s contribution to the local community.
Council is now accepting written submissions on the proposed name. Please send to:
PO Box 200, Dandenong VIC 3175
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries, please phone:
Tom Cullen - Project Officer, Sport and Recreation on 8571 5501
All submissions must be received by 5pm, Wednesday 1 November 2017 for consideration by Council prior to official naming.