Vehicle Crossing Permits
Before constructing a vehicle crossing, the builder/contractor is required to obtain a vehicle crossing permit. Council officers must be contacted to arrange a pre-pour and a final inspection to ensure the construction meets Council standards.
For industrial, commercial or multi-dwelling developments a town planning permit is required.
All residential vehicle crossing permit applications must first be assessed before a permit can be issued.
Application and guidelines for a vehicle crossing permit (Word - 273KB).
- A non-refundable permit fee of $153 (GST free) is applicable
- Council has the option to request a deposit.
- The permit is valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
- Fines of up to $1000 can apply where permits are not obtained.
- Minimum $20 million public liability insurance is required. This may be obtained from any insurance company and is required when work is being carried out on or through a road reserve. Policy number and expiry date must be noted on the application form.
- A compulsory onsite inspection is required when the vehicle crossing is suitably prepared for construction and all excavation works are complete.
- 24 hours notice is required to arrange an inspection with Council.