Skip to Content

Parking Infringements

Most parking restrictions and fines within the City of Greater Dandenong are defined by the State Government under the Road Safety Act 1986.

When a driver parks in a way that contravenes the parking regulations, an infringement notice may be issued.  Parking infringement notices are a way of providing motorists an opportunity to deal with a reported parking offence without the time and expense of going to court.  Most infringement notices require the penalty to be paid within 30 days.

If you receive a parking infringement notice, you have two options:

  1. Pay the penalty by the due date shown on the front of the notice.
  2. Dispute the notice by requesting an internal review.

1. Pay your parking infringement

Make sure you pay the penalty by the due date shown on the front of the notice by

  1. mailing payment by cheque or money order to PO Box 200, DANDENONG, VIC, 3175
  2. paying in person at a Council customer service centre
  3. Pay online
  4. paying with a credit card over the phone.

Payment plans

Payment plans are available to people who meet the State Government eligibility criteria. Under a payment plan, Council allows an extension of time for the payment of the amount owing from an infringement notice.

A person will be automatically entitled to a payment plan if they are in receipt of any one of the following a:

  • Commonwealth Government (Centrelink) Pensioner Concession Card
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card or Gold Card
  • Centrelink Health Care Card (all types including non-means tested)

2. Applications for an internal review of infringement notices (appeals)

Sometimes circumstances arise that reduce a driver's capacity to park appropriately (such as vehicle breakdown and emergencies). There also may be a situation where the issuing of a parking fine is unfair (such as when there is a faulty meter or signs missing).

You can request an internal review of an infringement notice. This must be in writing and must be lodged prior to the due date of the infringement notice. You can do this by completing an Infringement Appeal Form (PDF - 282KB) and returning it to Council. The law allows you only one review per notice so please provide all information.

A decision will be made within 15 working days and you will be advised of the outcome in writing.

If the infringement penalty is not paid within the allocated time, the infringement is referred to the Infringements Court.

View Driver Nomination Form (PDF - 219KB)