Skip to Content

Alcohol and Liquor Licensing

Alcohol in public places

Drinking alcohol is not permitted in public places.

The drinking of alcohol in public places is regulated by Council's Local Laws Department and enforced by Victoria Police. Visit the Victoria Police website for more information.

Liquor Licenses 

Businesses wanting to sell alcohol need to lodge an application with the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation. Event organisers wishing to supply or allow alcohol should also contact Consumer Affairs Victoria.

Check with the Planning Department before lodging the application. Depending on the type of licence proposed, a planning permit, or a letter advising a planning permit is not required, might be needed.