Paying your Rates
Property owners have the option of paying Council rates by either four or nine instalments.
Rates payments by four instalments
This is the default option for property owners. Instalment payments due on the below dates. An initial rates notice will be issues for the first instalment and reminder notices will be issued for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th instalments.
- First instalment: 30 September 2020
- Second instalment: 30 November 2020
- Third instalment: 30 February 2021
- Fourth instalment: 31 May 2021
To discuss further options on rate payments, please contact council.
Rates payments by nine instalments
Property owners can elect to pay their rates in nine instalments via councils direct debit.
The first instalment is due on 30 September 2020. The second to ninth instalments are due at the end of each month until 31 May 2021 and will be automatically debited from your nominated account.
Please note that no instalment reminders will be issued for this payment option.
To select this option please completed a Rates direct debit request form (PDF 77.7KB). Please note that if you are selecting this mid-year, it will only apply to the portion of rates that is still to be paid.
How to pay your rates
- Any of Council's customer service centres (Please note: Customer Service Centres are currently closed due to COVID-19. They are due to open again on Thursday 20 August, but may extended. Visit the Customer Service Centre webpage for up-to-date information regarding reopening.)
- Pay at any Australia Post outlet
My Greater Dandenong
- Go to mygreaterdandenong.com
- Enter BPay reference number (without the zeros at start)
- Follow the prompts to make payment via secure payment portal
- You can make other payments (animal registrations, infringements, etc) in the same transaction
- Go to postbillpay.com
- Bill Pay Code: 0321
- Reference number: 14 digit number located on the back of your rates notice next to the Post Billpay logo.
- Pay via BPay using your internet banking portal
- Bill Pay Code: 8987
- Reference number: 7 digit number located on the back of your rates notice next to the Bpay logo
- Post a cheque payable to 'City of Greater Dandenong' to:
City of Greater Dandenong
PO Box 200
DANDENONG VIC 3175
- Telephone 13 18 16 to make a credit card payment (24 hour line)
- Pay via BPay using telephone banking. Contact your bank for assistance.
Biller Code: 0321
Reference number: located on the back of your rates notice
Minimum payment: $1
If you hold an eligible pensioner/concession card, or DVA Gold Card with war widow or TPI classification you may be eligible for a rebate on your rates. Please note that health care card holders are not entitled to rebate on their rates. Eligible card address must be identical to residential address on rate notice.
The Pension Rebate is provided by the State Government and Council administer the Pensioner Rates Rebate on behalf of the Department of Human Services.
More information on rates concessions
Difficulties paying your rates
Full payment of all instalments should be paid by the instalment due date. If you miss the due date for paying your rates you will be charged interest.
If you are having, or will have, difficulty paying your rates, please contact Council before the due date.
Our Rates and Charges Hardship Policy allows rate payers to apply for rate deferral arrangements, or in extreme cases, part rates waivers.
More information on rates payment assistance.