Skip to Content

Legal point of discharge/local drainage information payment

Prior to a building permit being issued for any work that incorporates a drainage system, an approval for the 'legal point of discharge' for the property must be obtained from Council.

The relevant building surveyor should ensure that the design of the internal drainage system is in accordance with the recommendations of that approval and that the drainage is connected to the specified point of discharge.

Applying for stormwater/drainage information

Complete the Application for Stormwater Information form (PDF - 99.9KB) and return to council.

Once the application is received, response will be issued in writing within 14 business days.

Additional information

  • Council does not have information on the location of drainage on residential properties, as plumbers are not required to inform Council of the location of these drains when they install them.

  • Commercial property owners who require information on drainage location within their property will need to complete a request for a copy of building plans.

  • Owners requiring sewerage information need to contact South East Water.

  • A Council road opening permit or stormwater tapping permit must be obtained by the builder or plumber prior to the commencement of any connection to a Council drain or works within the road reserve.