Artwork by Emma Anna
- February 2013 - present, Multicultural Place, Springvale
- April 2012 - November 2012, Noble Park Civic Space
- October 2011 - March 2012, Dandenong Park, Dandenong
- May 2011 – September 2011, Springvale Civic Space
- October 2010 – April 2011, Oakwood Park, Noble Park
- April 2010 – September 2010, Palm Plaza, Dandenong
The contemporary artwork Imag_ne has become a familiar site in Greater Dandenong, as part of a unique roving public art commission.
Imag_ne is composed of large scrabble letters that appear to spell out the word ‘imagine’, although the second ‘I’ of the word is missing. This absence operates as a blank canvas, inviting the audience to complete the word.
The missing ‘I’ can be read as a representation of the individual piece within a collective as the work invite invites completion by the individual, emphasising the role which people play in creating a sense of community.
The word ‘imagine’ promotes the envisaging of something new, different, or wonderful - making this work in the City of Greater Dandenong both timely and appropriate.
Across the years, Imag_ne has moved across a number of different sites including Dandenong’s Palm Plaza; Dandneong Park Noble Park's Oakwood Park; and the Springvale Civic Space, staying in each location for 6 months. Each site has been carefully selected to ensure the context of place, space and community are considered enabling multiple readings and interpretations.
Imag_ne has been exhibited nationally and internationally at Sculpture by the Sea in Bondi, Cottesloe and Aarhus in Denmark.