Skip to Content

Street Trading and Food Stall Permits

Is a permit required?

Applying for a local law permit

If a street trading permit is required, complete the application for a street trading permit form (PDF - 123KB).

Fees apply and must be paid at time of application (free for community groups). See Local Law Fees for current permit fees.

When submitting an application, the applicant must attach proof of a $20 million public liability insurance cover indemnifying Council against any possible claims arising from the activity. The Insurance Policy should be in joint names with the Council or show the City of Greater Dandenong as an interested third party.

Permit conditions

  • Barbeques must be under adult supervision at all times
  • Each operator must wear a clean washable apron
  • All food stalls must have a hand wash area set up with liquid soap and paper towelling
  • All stalls must be enclosed or alternatively the food must be protected from contamination
  • All potentially hazardous foods must be kept at the correct temperature i.e. below 5°C or above 60°C
  • Tongs or disposable gloves must be used when handling food
  • Potentially hazardous foods must be transported at the correct temperatures
  • All food must be kept above ground level