Applying for a Planning Permit
Before you start your planning permit application, you are encouraged to discuss your proposal with Council's Planning department via the planning pre-application discussion service (fees apply).
There are a number of important steps you need to follow when preparing a planning permit application;
- Consider getting professional advice. Planning assessment and decision-making are sophisticated processes that involve concepts such as respecting neighbourhood character, achieving good urban design outcomes, and protecting reasonable amenity.
- Talk to your neighbours to let them know what you are planning and to discuss any potential concerns. Most people appreciate the opportunity to discuss a proposal prior the formal public notification process.
- Determine which planning permit application process your proposal is eligible for;
- Collect all the relevant information. To ensure that your application can be processed quickly and efficiently, it is essential that all the required information is provided. Please refer to the planning information guides and checklists section for guidelines on the specific information that is required for certain types of planning permit applications.
- As a minimum you must submit:
- A completed application for a planning permit form
- Payment of the prescribed application fee - see the Planning fees and charges section. If you wish to pay by credit card, please submit your application and you will be sent an invoice which can be paid on Council's online payment portal MyGreaterDandenong.com.
- A current and full Certificate of Title for the land (dated within the last 90 days). The title includes the covering 'register search statement', the title diagram and the associated documents known as 'instruments', for example, restrictive covenants.
- If applicable, a current Metropolitan Planning Levy (MPL) certificate. For information about the levy and the threshold for the current financial year, visit the State Revenue Office website www.sro.vic.gov.au.
- If submitting the application in hard copy, include an electronic copy of all application documents on USB flash drive or CD/DVD.
- Please note: Other application requirements may apply depending on the type of application and what is being proposed.
Incomplete applications cannot be accepted
- Submit a complete planning permit application:
- Email to email@example.com
- Post to Statutory Planning Department, City of Greater Dandenong, PO Box 200, Dandenong VIC 3175
- In person to the Planning service counter at the Greater Dandenong Civic Centre, Level 3, 225 Lonsdale Street, Dandenong
- Subdivision applications can be lodged online via SPEAR (registered users only)
If you have any questions about the planning application process, please contact Council's Planning department on 8571 1000.