Skip to Content
Parking, Roads and Transport

Parking, Roads and Transport

Civil Works Permits

A civil works permit is required if a builder needs to carry out excavation works on a footpath, nature strip or roadway, including any connection to Council's stormwater assets installed in a drainage easement. This permit must be obtained before work commences.

For industrial, commercial or multi-dwelling developments a town planning permit is required.

All residential civil works permit applications must first be assessed before a permit can be issued.

Download Application for Civil Works Permit

Permit conditions

  • A non-refundable permit fee of $164 (GST free) is applicable.
  • Council has the option to request a deposit.
  • The permit is valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
  • Minimum $20 million public liability insurance is required. This may be obtained from any insurance company and is required when work is being carried out on or through a road reserve. Policy number and expiry date must be noted on the application form.
  • A compulsory onsite inspection is required when the vehicle crossing is suitably prepared for construction and all excavation works are complete.
  • 24 hours notice is required to arrange an inspection with Council.