Hire of Parking Bays
Parking bays (other than loading zones, disabled bays and no parking areas) are available for hire on a temporary basis. This is to assist with works being carried out at adjacent premises and building sites, etc.
In areas that experience high traffic volumes such as shopping centres and hospital precincts, applicants will need to make arrangements with the City of Greater Dandenong to identify suitable spaces to reserve. Therefore applications should be lodged at least 48 hours prior to the required time.
It is the permit-holder's responibility to reserve the bays they hire.
- Can not cause obstruction or danger to other road vehicles or pedestrians
- Permit must be displayed on dashboard of vehicle
- Where a works zone is established (construction sites only), Council will install signs to designate the section of road a Works Zone.
Applying for a local law permit
Download and complete the application for a parking bay permit form (Word - 298KB) and return to Council with payment in person at a customer service centre, or by post, email or fax.
- 1 to 4 consecutive days - $53 per bay each day
- 5 or more consecutive days - $252 per week (or part thereof) each bay
Up to 16 metres in length:
- Up to 3 months - $300
- Up to 6 months - $450
- More than 6 months - $600