Skip to Content

Rates Concessions and Assistance

Serious Financial Hardship Assistance

If you are currently experiencing difficulties in paying your council rates and charges, you may qualify for assistance under Council's Hardship Policy.

Council's Rates and Charges Hardship Policy allows rate payers to apply for rate deferral arrangements, or in extreme cases, part rates waivers.

Residents can apply for a financial hardship waiver of rates, download the online Rates and Charges Hardship Application Waiver of Rates and Charges form.   

If you do not wish to apply online, you can download a hardcopy application form below:

Rates and Charges Hardship Application - Deferral of Rates and Charges 

Rates and Charges Hardship Application - Waiver of Rates and Charges

Rate concession for pensioners

If you hold an eligible pensioner/concession card, or DVA Gold Card with war widow or TPI classification you may be eligible for a rebate on your rates. Please note that health care card holders are not entitled to a concession on their rates. Eligible card address must be identical to residential address

The pensioner rates concession is provided by the Victorian Government and Council administers the concession on behalf of the Department of Human Services.

Read  rates concession eligibility information (Department of Human Service)

To apply for a rates concession download Department of Human Services - Municipal Rates Concession Application form (PDF - 297KB) and return to Council.