Promote your Event
Please note: you may be required to infom Council of your event by completing an Intention to Hold an Event form. To determine whether you should inform Council of your event, go to the Plan your Event section. Please do this before starting to promote your event.
Once an event date has been set, it is beneficial for you to promote your event to your target audience.
It is recommended that the promotional planning begin a minimum of three months prior to the event to ensure best chance of sccess.
Before your promotional plan commences, you should be able to answer these questions:
- What is the event about?
- Who will the event attract (ie. who is the target audience)?
- How much budget is there to promote the event?
Below is some helpful information that may assist you with promoting your event:
Greater Dandenong online events calendar
Council’s online events calendar is a great way to reach a wider community and enhance your promotions.
To submit your event simply go to the list your local event section of this website and complete the online form. Please ensure you read the conditions to make sure your event is eligible to be listed
Promotional events signs
Promotional signs generally require a planning permit from Council. It is under the discretion of Council to either grant or refuse the issue of a planning permit and Council does not support the use of a number of promotion sign types.
Council’s community event signs are a great way for local community and not-for-profit groups to promote their events. Eight signs have been installed across Greater Dandenong and community groups can book one or more of the signs
For more information visit the promotional event signage section of this website.
Local newspapers provide valuable promotion to the public who may not use an online medium.
If you would like to inform the local media about your event, see the news and publications section of this website for the contact details of our local newspapers.
Our Community is a website dedicated to supporting not-for-profit organisations and has many useful resources for event organisers. You can access the 25 ways to advertise your event for FREE help sheet from this site.
Drum Theatre Building Illumination Opportunities
The Drum Theatre's historic façade features stunning external lighting that provides a unique opportunity to display a variety of colours to reflect significant events or matters of public importance.
If you would like to commemorate a special event or matter through Drum Theatre’s building illumination, please submit your request here. All requests will be assessed by the City of Greater Dandenong and should be submitted no later than 28 days prior to the requested illumination date.
Please read the following guidelines before filling in the request form:
- Eligible requests for consideration would be in honour of significant local and regional events, historic events, and extraordinary events/occurrences of City, State and National or International significance;
- Lighting will not be considered for commercial entities or personal occasions;
- Requests for illumination to commemorate or honour an individual will not be eligible and would be only permitted by exception;
- Any annual events must be applied for and assessed each year; there will not be automatic renewals;
- Requests will be responded to on a first-come, first-served basis;
- Duration would typically be for a day, lasting up to a week if applicable.
Click here to download the Terms and Conditions
For further enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 8571 1666.