Skip to Content

Event Road Signage

Community event signs

Council’s community event signs are a great way for local community and not-for-profit groups to promote their events.

Eight signs have been installed across Greater Dandenong at the below locations and community groups can book one or more of the signs.

Sign locations

  1. Bennet Street, Dandenong –  near Greaves Reserve   (double-sided board) 
  2. Heatherton Road, Dandenong – south of Heatherton Road (Council Reserve after Stud Road intersection)
  3. Lonsdale Street, Dandenong – 500 metres south of Dandenong facing to outbound traffic
  4. Corner Clow Street and Power Road, Dandenong (near Robert Booth Reserve)
  5. Clow Street, Dandenong – Clow Street car park (double-sided board)
  6. Cheltenham Road, Keysborough – facing outbound traffic and west of the Dingley Bypass intersection
  7. Heatherton Road, Springvale – south of Springvale Road and bordering to Burden Park Reserve (double-sided board)
The community event signs are blue landscape style boards. When no event information is displayed they have the Greater Dandenong logo as the default item.

Signage bookings

Signage bookings are available for two week periods starting on a Monday at 12pm. Signs must be booked through Council.

Bookings are free but signage costs must be covered by individual groups and signs need to be made and installed by a professional signage contractor. If you are sure where to start, let us know when you submit the form and we can suggest a couple of local signage companies.

Signs are not booked until you have received a confirmation from Council.

To book one or more community signs, download the community signs booking form (Word - 427KB) and email to

For more information about the boards and to check availability please contact Council. 

Other promotional signs

Promotion signs generally require a planning permit from Council. It is under the discretion of Council to either grant or refuse the issue of a planning permit. Application fees apply for planning permits.

Restrictions apply on the size of the sign which may be displayed (if approved).  If you are planning on using signs other than the community event signs to promote your event, you will need to discuss this with Council’s Planning and Design Unit

If you display a sign or signs that need a planning permit without first obtaining that permit, you could be subject to planning enforcement action. This is a serious matter which could result in fines and court action. On the spot penalties of up to $1444 apply if signage is erected without council approval.


Promotional signs not supported by Council

Council does not support the following types of promotional signs:

  • Electronic variable message signs (VMS)
    Trailer mounted and static VMS signs are actively discouraged for any promotional or advertising purposes on private land. These signs should only be used temporarily for traffic management purposes.

  • Signs abutting major roads and freeways
    Temporary promotional signs are strongly discouraged on or adjacent to major roads and freeways.

  • Signs located on Council land
    Promotional signs that are visible from roads adjacent to council parks and reserves are strongly discouraged (or may be prohibited). Before making a planning application, written consent will be required from Council’s Property Officer.

  • Real Estate Boards
    Council is unlikely to provide a permit for real estate agent (promotion) boards on residential properties.

For further information about promotional signs download the Greater Dandenong Signs Information Guide (PDF - 1.6MB).