The Greater Dandenong Sustainability Awards recognise the community's efforts that help make our community and environment a more sustainable place to live work and play.
The awards identify champions in our community whose achievements can be seen and adopted by others.
Thank you to all the applicants, finalists and everyone who attended the Sustainability Awards Ceremony held at the Dandenong Civic Centre on Monday 18 November 2019.
Council congratulates the Community Category winner, Silverton Primary Scholl and Industry Category winner, S and G Fresh and Taylor's Orchards in conjuction with the Dandenong Market.
Sustainability Award Winners and Finalist at the Presentation Ceremony on 18 November 2019
2019 Award Winners
Congratulations to the 2019 Sustainability Award Winners in the Community and Industy Category.
Sustainable Community Award Winner
Silverton Primary School
Their “Energy Reduction and Climate Change” initiative – empowering student leadership in energy efficiency, climate chance awareness and advocacy.
Sustainable Industry Winner
S & G Fresh and Taylor's Orchards with Dandenong Market
Their “Traders supporting OzHarvest” initiative - providing fresh produce to OzHarvest and AMES, avoiding food waste from landfill and feeding the community in need.
Read more information about the 2019 Award Winners and Finalist
The 2019 Sustainability Awards recognise achievements in the following two categories:
Sustainable Community Category
The sustainable community category encourages entries from the following organisations:
- Schools – Primary, secondary, kindergartens, early learning centres and tertiary institutes
- Community groups – registered community groups or organisations
- Volunteer groups – official or unofficial groups operating in or around Greater Dandenong
- Clubs or associations – including sporting clubs, alliances, or other groups
The sustainable community category encourages entries from the following individuals:
- Households - for initiatives related to your home or garden
- Residents or employees – for making a difference at their home, workplace or community
- Students - primary, secondary or tertiary making a difference at their school or community
Sustainable Industry Category
This category recognises efforts by industries that have contributed to environmental sustainability within the City of Greater Dandenong. The sustainable industry category encourages entries from the following sectors:
- Businesses: Includes commercial, industrial, retail or other enterprises of any size
- New Development: Includes recently constructed buildings or proposed buildings that hold a valid planning permit. Includes residential or non-residential
The winner of the Sustainable Community Category wins a voucher to the value of $500.
Read more about our previous years Sustainability Award Winners
Greater Dandenong Sustainability Advisory Committee
The Greater Dandenong Sustainability Advisory Committee is being established to assist Council in the implementation of the Greater Dandenong Sustainability Strategy 2016-30.
If you would like to express interest to become a member of the committee, please read more information and apply here.