Skip to Content

Event Permits

Depending on the type of event and where you are holding it, you may need to apply for a planning permit.

Even if the building is a place of assembly (eg a sport hall) or a place of worship (eg temple, church or other denominational building), you or the owner may need other types of planning consent from Council to hold your event.

You might also need a permit for any event signage you are considering.

You should be aware that if you require a permit or planning consent from Council and you do not obtain it, you could be liable to fines and further legal action for your unpermitted event.

Contact Council’s helpful trained town planners in the Planning and Design Department for advice before you begin planning your event.