Casual Hire of Reserves, Sports Grounds and Parks
Council reserves, parks and sporting grounds are available for casual hire for a range of functions and events.
To hire a ground, you need to fill out an application for the casual use of a reserves/sports ground form (PDF - 46KB). Your application will then need to be assessed, so please apply well in advance.
No matter how big or small your event is, please ensure you submit an application form. That way we can ensure the grounds and toilets are clean and maintained and we can also advise you if there is other events on that may disturb yours.
View 2020-21 Casual Hire Fees and Charges
Please note that the hire of the park, reserve or sports ground does not include the reservation of buildings, barbecues or shelters. Barbecues and shelters are available on the day on a first come, first served basis.
For information on hiring buildings, visit the venues for hire web page.
If you have any questions or would like to know about the availability and costs, contact Council on 8571 1702.
The following conditions must be met when hiring a council reserve:
- Council has the authority to withdraw the use of the ground at short notice if it is unusable or unplayable due to inclement weather conditions and/or safety reasons
- The hiring organisation is responsible for cleaning the reserve or sporting ground and if used the pavilion. Rubbish is to be removed from the reserve at the cost to the hiring organisation
- Council will remove any rubbish left behind and an account for this work will be sent to the hiring organisation
- The hiring organisation must clean and reinstate the area if rides are being used at the facility (i.e. horse rides)
- You are responsible for any damage to council property. The hiring organisation will pay reinstatement costs of reserve to its former state
- Facilities in the park are for public use and must be shared. For example, barbecues, shelters, and synthetic/concrete cricket pitches etc.
- Turf wickets are not available for use unless formal approval for specific use is provided to Council
- Sporting clubs with seasonal usage allocation have priority usage of sporting grounds in accordance with their allocated time
- Tents, tarpaulins, rides or other structures are not to be erected on the reserve due to possible damage to the ground surface, water reticulation and other underground services, except with prior approval
- Vehicles are not permitted on the reserve except with prior permission
- No nuisance or annoyance shall be caused to persons on neighbouring properties by any activities associated with your function
- Details of any food sales are to be approved by the council's Health Department (see temporary and mobile food operators)